Travels with MaryE

Most things I love best are about good light and good timing. That's where the adventures start. Don't be in no hurry here. Here you'll find a little bit about bluegrass music, fox hunting, life on the road, time on the mountain, and a whole lot about other things, too.

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Heart-Healthy Hounds

Since I'm thinking a great deal today about the subject of physical fitness and since I consider hounds to be the fittest creatures I know in a personal way, I shall share a few more photos I've captured this week of hounds in the wild...on their way to the pub, it would seem.

First I'll start with my own beloved Gizmo, the very first hound I walked, who I spied bounding through a field of roots just yesterday. Now Gizmo loves his food bowl all too well and he knows that to stay beautiful he must pay his dues by exercising all his muscles to the point of exhaustion....and then tucking in to a nice joint of beef.

Then there are the hounds who are really lushes; you know the type. Go out and run around all day just so they can claim they're thirsty and head down to the local (pub) for a bit of liquid refreshment.

Not to be outdone, there's this one - he's got a plan. "If I run real fast I'll get there before the others and be on my second pint by the time they arrive."


I don't know about bitter, but they say red wine is good for your heart. I like port myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home