Travels with MaryE

Most things I love best are about good light and good timing. That's where the adventures start. Don't be in no hurry here. Here you'll find a little bit about bluegrass music, fox hunting, life on the road, time on the mountain, and a whole lot about other things, too.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Cowfrontation!








This morning was a beauty. Woke early to see the world outside all clothed in white; not snow, but a heavy frost. It didn't linger too long, but I did manage to grit my teeth and step outside with my Nikon and catch a few shots before the bright sun washed away the lacy frost.

It was so lovely and crunchy outside that I couldn't resist a stroll down the fields and then the lanes with my camera. I was kind of lazy so only took along my 17-55mm; I don't like that lens as well as the 70-200, but it's a lot lighter!

On the way back to the bungalow to cook some lunch, I had a cowfrontation with a redhead...heifer that is. I was going up a nice lane on the farm between a couple of tall hedges and I could hear about 20 cattle on the other side of the hedge charging along in step with me...they are curious creatures. When I got to a gate, I went over to have a look, and this is what I found! She actually licked my hand though it took a couple of minutes' patience to win her trust. Like most redheads she was bolder than the rest of the herd!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home