Travels with MaryE

Most things I love best are about good light and good timing. That's where the adventures start. Don't be in no hurry here. Here you'll find a little bit about bluegrass music, fox hunting, life on the road, time on the mountain, and a whole lot about other things, too.

Friday, November 09, 2007

The Thrill of the Countryside, The Company of Friends

Here are just a few more photos I wanted to share from the last three days I followed local hunts as they exercised their hounds.








This is Cabalva, a home on the River Wye not far from Hay-on-Wye (another wonderful place to visit) and site of one the opening meet for a local hunt. The view across the Wye is spectacular.



Later in the day I spied some friends enjoying the stone walls and the splendid views of this border (as in Welsh-English border) country.









My buddy Phil enjoys a day out on his new steed Louis. And (for Americans) the young gentleman who looks like a lord surveying his manor may be to the manor born, but not to this manor; he sports a top hat which is a fairly unusual sight in these parts; very "old school."

Some folks still like to to follow the hunt on foot and that is the best way of all. I love it, too, but I admit my cameras get a bit cumbersome and I usually choose the easy way -- following in a 4WD vehicle at least part of the day. It provides a nice respite from the wind. Here Ted makes his way up yet another hillside among the reeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home