Travels with MaryE

Most things I love best are about good light and good timing. That's where the adventures start. Don't be in no hurry here. Here you'll find a little bit about bluegrass music, fox hunting, life on the road, time on the mountain, and a whole lot about other things, too.

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Let it Snow! Let it Snow!



I am SO happy today. What started out as a typically wet Welsh wintery kind of day has taken a marked turn for the better....a couple of hours ago it started snowing...and snowing. Don't think I've seen snow make an appearance here this early in the year before (mind I've only been coming here since 2001). Most of you have seen snow before so I don't guess I need to wax on about it too much, but the first snow always seems so special to me. And over here in Wales snow isn't a very common occurrence anyway. We must have an inch of snow already covering the quad bike, the laurels, the big fieldstone wall, the hedges...and it seems to be sticking. It's that lovely wet snow that can disappear in the blink of an eye. But since it's nearly dark already I'm hoping it'll stick around until the morning anyway.

Maybe I'll get out and take some photos just now. I'm smiling so much it hurts.
So of course I did go and snap just a few. It was only 3 pm but already getting pretty dark. Actually it never got very light at all today! Here's the old farmhouse where Uncle Pip lives. I went in to visit with him and he was watching the football -- as usual -- and we caught up on local news. He doesn't miss much!

1 Comments:

At 10:17 pm, Blogger Poppy said...

gosh that snow looks mighty pretty

 

Post a Comment

<< Home